MECHANICAL PLUMBING PIPEFITTER
JOB TITLE: MECHANICAL PLUMBING PIPEFITTER
ROLE IS ACCOUNTABLE TO: FOREMEN AND SUPERINTENDENTS
ROLE SUPPORTS: MALLICK MECHANICAL CONTRACTORS, INC.
ROLE HOURS: HOURS MAY VARY PER JOB
ROLE GOAL: Obtain a Journeyman Card
- Understand scope of work to be completed per project and plans.
- Read and understand plans and specs.
- Have material order called in, in a timely manner.
- Order material quantity as accurately as possible.
- Have materials and tools needed for next day’s work.
- Accuracy and coordination of rough-in.
- Clean-up and protection of jobsite and work.
- Identify, correspond and properly complete paperwork required for change orders.
- Keeps jobs in an orderly manner. Including tools, materials, etc.
- Complete project for final inspection.
- Properly forecast time required to complete phase of job.
- Knowledge of local codes.
- Maintain proper dress and personal hygiene. (i.e. no tears or holes in clothing).
- Perform any other duty or assignment as may be assigned from time to time by the Foreman or Superintendent.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs safely and properly.
- Typical Daily Activities.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
Repairing and Maintaining Equipment:
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- We constantly improve and cultivate new possibilities through education.
- We encourage risk taking.
- We believe that success can only be achieved when we operate as a team of hardworking professionals.
- We treat our coworkers and clients as we would like to be treated and encourage their success.
- We commit to improving our environment and the communities in which we operate.
- We take pride in unsurpassed quality with each of our endeavors.
- We understand change is inevitable to create growth and new adventures as we explore new opportunities and ways of succeeding.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- People person. You generally like people. You are able to focus on their strengths and hold a desire for them to succeed.